(KFOR NEWS June 26, 2019) Three temporary cardboard recycling sites at Lincoln City Library locations will close Wednesday, June 26. Those who used the library sites are encouraged to use these alternate sites:
- Those who recycled cardboard at the Walt Branch, 6701 S. 14th Street, are encouraged to use the site at the Pepsi Cola Distribution Center, 1901 Windhoek Drive.
- Those who recycled cardboard at the Eiseley Branch, 1530 Superior Street, are encouraged to use the site at North Star High School, 5801 N. 33rd Street.
- Those who recycled cardboard at the Anderson Branch, 3635 Touzalin Avenue, are encouraged to use the North 48th Street Transfer Station, 5101 N. 48th Street.
City staff continue to monitor recycling site use and adjust the distribution of cardboard collection containers as needed. The City reminds cardboard recyclers to follow these guidelines:
- Remove all packing materials.
- Recycle only clean and dry cardboard.
- Flatten boxes.
- Fill containers from back to front.
- Avoid leaving cardboard outside of the bins.
For more information, visit recycle.lincoln.ne.gov or call the City Waste Diversion Office at 402-441-8215.