- This event has passed.
Abraham Lincoln Birthday Celebration at Nebraska History Museum
February 11 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
What: Abraham Lincoln Birthday Celebration
Where: Nebraska History Museum, 131 Centennial Mall N., Lincoln, Ne
When: Saturday, February 11th from 11a to 3p on the second floor of the Museum.
The Abraham Lincoln Birthday Celebration will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the second floor of the museum. The event includes:
• From 11 a.m. to noon, Chris Sayre will play live music of the mid-1800s on a variety of instruments. Sayre has performed at every Abe Lincoln Birthday Celebration.
• Krebs and Miller will perform from noon to 12:30 p.m.
• Sayre will return from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m.
• Those who want to enter the Abe Lincoln Impersonators Contest should report to the judging area at 1 p.m. All ages are welcome, and prizes will be awarded.
• A program at 1:45 p.m. will include acknowledgments, the Impersonators Contest prize presentation, and the presentation of a birthday cake to President Lincoln.
• Krebs and Miller will perform again from 2 to 2:30 p.m.
• Sayre will close with more music from 2:30 to 3 p.m.
The Celebration will include activities for children and free refreshments, including birthday cake. It will also feature Civil War reenactors and displays as well as exhibits from local author Susan Dittman; Homestead National Historical Park in Beatrice; and Terry Lowe, a descendant of Thaddeus Lowe, Chief Aeronaut for President Lincoln’s Civil War Balloon Corps.
Celebration attendees are also invited to tour the Smithsonian exhibition, “American Democracy: A Great Leap of Faith” on the third floor of The Nebraska History Museum. Admission is free for all who visit the Museum on February 11.
Downtown parking meters are enforced 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
The first hour of parking at is free at City garages, and the nearest one is the University Square Parking Garage on P Street, between 13th and 14th streets.
More information is available at history.nebraska.gov.