LINCOLN–(KFOR Nov. 3)–Extra Lincoln Police officers and other area law enforcement will be on patrol Sunday morning, for the 10th annual Good Life Halfsy half-marathon, which will start at Seacrest Field near 70th and “A” and end on Canopy Street in Lincoln’s Railyard District.
LPD Lt. Brian Golden tells KFOR News if you have any necessary travel plans that would take you through the area to consider an alternate route.
“Officers will be stationed at the major intersections to try and get traffic through,” Golden added. “Depending on the volume of runners, sometimes that can be bit of a wait.”
About 50 officers, dispatchers, some NSP troopers and the NSP airwing will be helping with traffic and the runners will have priority on the Lincoln streets impacted by the half-marathon route.
Additional street closures are as follows:
- 70th Street from Wedgewood to Pioneers Boulevard will be closed from 8:15 to 10:45 a.m.
- Parking will not be allowed on Holmes Park Road and South 76th Street from 6 to 10 a.m., and parked vehicles may be towed.
- North Shore Drive will be closed from 7 to 11 a.m.
- All lanes of Normal Boulevard from 70th to 56th streets will be closed from 8:30 to 11 a.m.
- One westbound lane of Normal Boulevard and Capital Parkway will be closed from 56th to Randolph streets from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 27th Street from Randolph Street to Capital Parkway will be closed from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Transformation Drive, North 19th and Court streets in Innovation Campus will have reduced lanes from 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Some streets in the North Bottoms neighborhood will be partially closed, and parked vehicles may be towed. Parking will not be allowed on New Hampshire Street from 14th to Sixth streets from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Canopy Street from “R” to “O” streets will be closed from 6 p.m. Saturday, November 4 to 3 p.m. Sunday, November 5.
- The Arena festival lot and Haymarket Park lot will be available for parking. Some streets in this area will be closed from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
To see a map of the Good Life Halfsy route, click this link.