Fire Damages Garage at South Lincoln Home Wednesday Morning
(Photo by Jeff Motz/KFOR News)

LINCOLN–(KFOR Oct. 19)–A fire Wednesday morning inside an attached garage at a south Lincoln home left behind $75,000 in damage, according to Lincoln Fire and Rescue.

Captain Nancy Crist says LFR crews were called around 7am to the 4900 block of South Canterbury Lane, where they found the fire inside the garage.  The fire was extinguished in a short amount of time and did not spread into the house.

Crist says an improperly discarded cigarette is to blame for causing the fire.  No one was hurt.