Fire Destroys Mobile Home in North Lincoln

(KFOR NEWS  February 17, 2022)  An early morning fire Thursday caused $20,000 damage to a mobile home at 42nd and Cornhusker.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue Battalion Chief, Jeremy Gegg, told KFOR NEWS the fire started in electrical wiring near the front door.

3 people safely escaped before firefighters arrived.  At least 4 pets were rescued.

Chief Gegg, said heat from the fire was so intense, siding on an adjacent mobile home started to melt.

READ MORE:   Lancaster County Board Awards $15 Million To Local Nonprofits