LINCOLN–(KFOR July 26)–Lincoln Fire and Rescue said $400,000 worth of damage was caused to a home during a three-alarm fire on Thursday afternoon near 70th and Highway 2 that likely was started by a washer and dryer.

Battalion Chief Eddie Mueller said Friday the washer and dryer were running at the time and one of the homeowners had left a half-hour before the fire started in the laundry room area of 6300 Doecreek Circle.  But Chief Fire Inspector Bill Moody says they are not sure if that caused the fire.

LFR said during their response to the fire, around 30 crew members were on scene, and it took about 45 minutes to knock down the flames.

No one was hurt.