LFR Responds To Southeast Lincoln House Fire
Lincoln Fire & Rescue units were called to a house fire at 7282 Rachel Rd. in Southeast Lincoln Wednesday afternoon.  Firefighters quickly put out the fire, which was located in the basement of the single story home. The owners said they were alerted by a smoke detector and were able to evacuate the home without injury.  Two dogs also got out safely.
Fire inspector Ken Hilger said the fire was caused by an inappropriately discarded cigarette.  Damage is estimated at $50,000 to the structure and contents.
More about: