(KFOR NEWS April 27, 2022) Residents are reminded that numerous streets throughout Lincoln will temporarily close April 30th and May 1st, for the Mayor’s Run, Lincoln Marathon, and Half Marathon. More than 6,000 in-person and virtual runners will participate in these races.
The Mayor’s Run will begin at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 30 on the south side of the state Capitol. The Lincoln Marathon and Half Marathon will begin at 6:55 a.m. Sunday, May 1, at 14th and Vine streets and end at Stadium Drive and “T” Street. The route and additional information are available at lincolnmarathon.org.
The Lincoln Police Department will control intersections along the race route. The public is advised to be prepared for traffic delays along the route. Spectators are encouraged to attend the event and support the runners along the route and at the start and finish lines this year.
Saturday, April 30 closures from 7 to 11 a.m. include:
- “K” Street between South 14th and South 16th streets
- South 16th Street between “K” and “H” streets
- “H” Street between South 14th and South 16th streets
- South 14th Street between “H” and “K” streets
- Goodhue Boulevard between “H” and “G” streets
- Lincoln Mall between South 13th and South 14th streets
Closures from 8 a.m. Saturday April 30 to 11 a.m. Sunday, May 1 include:
- North 14th Street between “W” and Vine streets
- Stadium Drive between “T” Street and Salt Creek Roadway
Sunday, May 1 closures from 6 to 11 a.m. include:
- Vine Street between North 14th and Antelope Valley Parkway – full closure
- 16th Street between “R” and South streets – full closure
- South Street between South 16th Street and Sheridan Boulevard – eastbound closure only
- Sheridan Boulevard between South and Calvert streets – eastbound closure only
- Calvert Street between Sheridan Boulevard and South 48th Street – eastbound closure only
- South 48th Street between Calvert Street and Highway 2 – full closure
- Pioneers Boulevard between South 33rd Street and Highway 2 – full closure
- South 27th Street between Highway 2 and Woods Boulevard – full closure
- South 20th Street between Highway 2 and Harrison Avenue – full closure
- Harrison Avenue between South 20th and South 10th streets – full closure
- 10th Street between Harrison Avenue and Stadium Drive – northbound two-lane closure
Sunday, May 1 closures from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. include:
- Salt Creek Roadway between Stadium Drive and North 14th streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Capitol Parkway between “J” and “A” streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Normal Boulevard between “A” and South 56th streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Normal Boulevard between South 56th Street and Holmes North Shore Road – eastbound full closure
Access to Holmes Lake Park will be limited between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
For more information on street closures, contact Shane Dostal, LTU, at 402-525-7852 or [email protected]. Current information on street closures is available at lincoln.ne.gov/closures or through the Waze mobile app.
For more information on the 45th Annual Lincoln Marathon, Half Marathon and 35th annual Mayor’s Run, visit lincoln.marathon.org.
READ MORE: Driver Killed In South Lincoln Head On Crash