Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded to a mobile home fire Monday at Shamrock Mobile Home Park just south of Cornhusker Highway near 27th street.

Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg told KFOR News the cause of the fire was an improper disposal of a cigarette inside the home that started the couch on fire. Luckily, Lincoln Fire and Rescue responded quick enough to keep the fire contained inside the trailer.

A resident of the park, Idella Sainz spoke with KFOR News and said LFR was like “Johnny on the spot” for their quick response and containment of the blaze.

Reports indicate there is roughly $2,500 worth of damage to the mobile home.

Also Read: Milford Area Family Cleaning Up After Fire Destroyed Their Home