Thursday Afternoon Fire Damages SW Lincoln Home

LINCOLN—(KFOR Feb. 1)—It appears an electrical outlet in the kitchen area is to blame for starting a fire Thursday afternoon inside a home near SW 16th and West Sewell Streets.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue says the fire spread to the surrounding area and contents. A passerby and neighbor both saw white smoke coming from the house and called for help. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries, after part of the roof caved in and collapse through a ceiling.

About $150,000 damage was done and no one was home at the time. LFR spokesperson MJ Lierman on Friday said there were no smoke alarms or detectors in the home.