Bedroom Fire Saturday Night in South Lincoln Home

LINCOLN–(KFOR July 11)–A house fire late Saturday night only caused about $6,000 in damage, but it could have been worse, according to Lincoln Fire officials.

It was just before 11pm Saturday that LFR was called to a two-story, balloon frame home in the 1900 block of Harwood, where a fire was found in a second floor bedroom.  LFR Captain Nancy Crist says incense in a holder inside a closet is to blame, after someone in the home put it there to make his clothes smell better.

Five people and a dog were evacuated from the house, with one person suffering minor injuries.